Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its three manufacturing locations and three distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager to be based in our distribution site in West Drayton.
As a Health & Safety Manager you will be responsible for maintaining the current Health & Safety standards and lead the implementation of the newly developed Group H&S standards. You will also be leading the build of the 'health & safety first’ culture on site ensuring compliance with local Health and Safety legislation.
- Lead the agenda with the local site management teams to drive the safety culture
- Advising on all SHE related matters, coaching on relevant legislation and all internal H&S systems
- Meeting the respective site targets of risk management and accident reduction
- Supporting the process of auditing on accident investigations, inspections and Risk Assessments and feedback to the site management team to drive improvement
- Develop and deliver training to the front line teams on safety systems and requirement
- Provide an up to date library of reference material on safety issues and legislation
- Control all safety documentation within document control procedure
- Reporting KPI’s and H&S accidents to site management
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. There will be some travel required to our other distribution sites across the country from time to time, although for the majority of time this role will be based at the West Drayton site.
The ideal candidate
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Experience in report writing would be preferred
- H&S accreditation (NEBOSH or Tech IOSH) would be highly advantageous
- Food safety accreditation would be ideal but not essential
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Is able to work well under pressure
- Takes responsibility and ownership
- Able to build strong working relationships with team and other stakeholders
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £40,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free sandwiches on shift
Interested? Apply Now!
It takes a diverse team of committed individuals to achieve quality results. That’s why at Adelie we are proud of our diversity and welcome you for who you are and who you want to become. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work.
- Incident Investigation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'