Health & Safety Manager for a growing Distribution company. The role is based in Liverpool.
Our client is a leading a rapidly growing distributor of furniture products with a new distribution centre recently set up in Liverpool.
Responsible for all Health and Safety and environmental matters ensuring the Business complies with H&S legislation and Company standards.
- Develop and then continuously review the OH&S Management system
- Work with key stakeholders at each site to develop and implement Company-wide initiatives embedding compliant and best practice approaches to ensure a safety focused environment
- Ensure Contractors are compliant and have the necessary insurance/permits to carry out their service at site, including approval of contracting companies and their adherence to site rules
- Ensure Safety Audits are carried out recording visits, findings and actions
- Review and carry out risk assessments recording visits, findings and actions
- Monitor and record accidents, incidents and near misses providing support where necessary with investigation reports and making recommendations for remedial actions
- Make submissions of reportable incidents to HSE in line with legal requirements for RIDDOR
- Provide guidance to create a safety focused environment through advice, training and support
- Collate monthly information/statistics relating to accident, incident and near misses to be presented to the Exec Team
- Organise and chair the H&S Committee Meetings ensuring all committee members have adequate information and the necessary training to support them in their role
- Provide assistance with insurance queries
- Determine and maintain policies relating to H&S
- Liaise closely with Facilities Manager to ensure cohesion in practices and shared issues
- Managing budgets for H&S, planning and forecasting essential and ad-hoc expenditure
- You will have a strong grounding and recent experience working in a distribution, logistics, manufacturing or supply chain organisation.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point
- Able to multi task and prioritise in a fast paced multi-functional environment
- Good communicator at all levels with effective presentation skills
- Attention to detail, organised with strong time management skills
- Good decision maker with the ability to undertake investigations and lead H&S practices
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work outside of normal working hours when required
- Proven track record working in a similar environment responsible for H&S at management level
- NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of H&S legislation
- Relevant experience for Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Willing to travel. The role is based in Liverpool but they have a site in the Midlands and one in Europe - and occasional visits to these will be required.
£34,000 to £36,000 plus bonus and benefits
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'