The Hyde Group are one of the largest landlords in the UK. We own and manage over 50,000 properties across London and the South East. We are a not for profit organisation with a commercial focus and a big heart!
Our Property Services team are seeking new talent to join them for what will be a period of rapid growth and development for the organisation. We are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Manager to work with our DLO, with a workforce of approx. 140 and a budget of £17mil for the next Financial Year.
About your job:
You'll be required to provide advice and support to Hyde Property Services in meeting its statutory and regulatory Health & Safety duties in respect of property, employees, residents and others as well as, in delivering a high level of service to internal and external customers.
General tasks include:
- Deliver HPS Health and Safety Plan within the context of an internal service provider
- Investigating accidents and near misses, where applicable disseminating 'lessons learnt’ to internal stake holders
- Identifying, developing and delivering initiatives that promote continual improvement in health and safety performance
- Delivering safety related projects on time and on budget (as and when identified).
- Deliver an excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Deliver complex health and safety strategies, including policy formulation, auditing, management of risk, training.
- Actively work to ensure that Hyde Property Services (HPS) complies with health and safety law, associated guidance, Group policy and good practice by:
- Develop and monitor the HPS health and safety performance indicators.
- Implement, managing and maintaining robust procedures and risk assessments.
- Undertake periodic compliance audits in order to ensure that the health and safety management system is suitably administered and statutory records are maintained.
- Naturally it goes without saying that you will have excellent communication skills, and the ability to converse both written and verbally with people at all levels
- Be solutions focused, and work with the wider team to ensure a prompt resolution
- Strong organisational skills, great time management skills and are able to prioritise deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Meticulous attention to detail
- IOSH certificate is a must
- Housing association or local authority background would be ideal but not essential
- A Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health enrolled in the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme.
What Hyde can offer you:
Hyde offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual, such as the ability to work from home and other Hyde locations. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using our flexible benefits scheme (iFlex), which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme.
Interviews to take place Tuesday 24th April 2018
Got what it takes? Click Apply Now and upload your CV with and tell us why you would be perfect for this role.
- Health Safety
- Solutions Focused