Health & Safety Manager, Leicester.
Here at GI Solutions, we have an opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our team based in Leicester with regular travel to our sites in Kettering. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including 26 days holiday as well as public holidays.
We are part of an £80m marketing communication company which incorporates five leading businesses: GI Solutions, GI Insight, Eclipse Colour, Eclipse 4DM and Paperplanes. Employing 600 staff across three sites in Leicester, Kettering and London, we support well known brand names including Tesco, Sky, Avon, John Lewis Partnership and British Gas, with their strategic marketing needs.
Resporting to theManaging Director, as our Health & Safety Manageryou will;
- Use your knowledge & skills to promote a positive health and safety culture across our Group’s business which includes 5 manufacturing sites, comprising c.250,000 sq. ft;
- Control, improve and implement Health, Safety and Environmental standards across our companies;
- Effectively manage the company’s environmental responsibilities.
- Be the subject matter expert on behalf of the business
To become our Health & Safety Manager you will have the following skills, experience and attitude;
- IOSH chartered membership (or IIRSM), NEBOSH Diploma plus relevant additional degree level qualifications;
- Background or experience in engineering, manufacturing and risk assessment;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups;
- Experience of working alongside Directors will have developed your negotiating skills and gravitas to drive cultural change and where necessary convince Directors and managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation;
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately to audiences ranging from a Board of Directors, to Safety reps,Managers and all other employees
- audit skills with an investigative mind;
- Demonstrable experience in managing OHSAS 18001
- Adopt a "hands on" approach!
If you think you are the right candidate for our Health & Safety Managerrole then please click 'apply’ today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job