Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for a specialist manufacture based in Newton Abbot, Devon. The client are market leaders in their field and they require an experienced H&S Manager to help support a continued period of growth. It is also essential that the H&S Manager is highly experienced with Facilities Management such as managing security contracts, managing cleaning contracts, managing external contractors and other building services as required.
The primary responsibility of this role is to co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects of Health and Safety along with ensuring the facilities are well-maintained and meet all regulations and standards.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed updated and communicated.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reviewing existing, new and upcoming health, safety & welfare at work legislation.
- Ensure that safety inspections, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported.
- Ensure risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Deliver in-house training and ensure all training records are maintained
- Oversee contractors and providers for facility services
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of workers including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least 5 years H&S Management experience.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced Production environment.
- Previous experience in Facilities Management is essential.
- Must have NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be an IOSH member.
- Well organised and self-sufficient, with the ability to manage your own workload effectively with a proactive, methodical and confident approach.
- Influencing and communicating with different levels staff across the business is essential.
- Have a professional and persuasive approach
This position has core working hours of Monday to Friday (08.30 - 17.00) and a fantastic bonus and benefits package on offer. For further details on this position and more information on how to apply please either send an up to date CV or contact Dan at Cathedral Appointments.
Cathedral Appointments are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job