We are looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Manager who can bring a significant level of experience from either construction, facilities management and/or building services. Reporting to the Group HSE Director this position will act as the H&S business partner providing specialist advice and support to the Regional Residential Director, General Manager and associated teams across the North and Central regions.
You will have proven experience in managing and maintaining safety systems along with the ability to develop procedures and protocols in specialist areas of construction, fire safety, asbestos, water hygiene or building services.
The successful candidate must be confident in their ability and will be able to offer the appropriate level challenge to all business leaders. You will be business and commercially focussed with a 'can do’ approach and be happy working on an autonomous basis.
This position will lead on various project work from developing HSE management manuals to supporting procedures, training, behavioural safety and value add activities so we are also looking for experience, innovation and fresh thinking to drive the business forward.
A flexible attitude to working is required as the role is a regional position across the North & Central region including sites location at Hull, York, Leeds, Nottingham and Loughborough.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The role is responsible for ensuring all required H&S board papers for their region/residence including but not limited to Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) and URSL and prepared and presented at the respective meetings
- Lead on monthly HSE review meetings with the Regional/Residence Director and General Managers.
- Support external providers who currently undertake Fire and Water Risk Assessments and management systems as appropriate.
- Fulfil a company wide support role for one / some of the following:
o Water regs compliance
o Fire safety inc liaison with suppliers and advisors
o Compliance and OHSAS accreditation
o Communications within the business
o Asbestos and COSHH management
o URSL Board weekly management meeting
o Standards and documentation
- Undertake Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental management audits in line with the business Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental policies and procedures - including sinking fund / lifecycle works
- Support the development of HSE policies and procedures and the ongoing development of the HSE management systems.
- Be the business (asbestos) competent Person, providing support and competent advice to all Regional Sites.
- Undertake accident and incident investigations, liaising with relevant authorities, produce investigation and preventative action reports. Coach and support General Managers and Site Safety Coordinators to undertake local near miss / incident and accident investigations as required.
- Develop and implement BCP, emergency and fire plans and procedures with the sites teams.
- Ensure compliance with the safety and environmental policies across the regions, maintaining accreditations and procedures.
- Undertake Water Risk Assessment Review for Regional Sites, providing detailed action plans and support as required
- Ensure that new employees are inducted into HSE policies and procedures and maintain training records.
- Undertake contractor appraisals and contractor works inspections
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or NVQ6 (or equivalent) and relevant management experience
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Qualified and experienced in one associated service of Safety Training, Facilities Management, Fire Safety and Building Services.
- Driving licence (full)
Salary & Benefits
- Salary; c£45,000 - C£55,000
- 20% Bonus
- Fuel Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Annual Season Ticket Loan