A leading UK retailer is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to take ownership of their H&S strategy and processes nationwide. Multi-site retail experience is essential for this role and you will have one direct report with day to day H&S activities delegated out to store managers. Nationwide travel is expected for this position with 1-2 days per week spent at the company's head office site in Middlesex. There is a generous package on offer in addition to the basic salary.
- Lead strategy and process to ensure safe business operation through a management programme encompassing risk identification, assessment, safe systems of work, workplace and machinery inspections, audits and employee training.
- Develop processes and reporting to maintain health and well-being aspects of business operations and employees.
- Develop the business environmental strategy and integrated management system to ensure business wide engagement, cost effectiveness and ongoing ISO 14001 accreditation.
- Manage relationships with the certification bodies and reporting of CRS requirements with the company's senior management team.
- Lead identification and compliance with all current legal, statutory and regulatory aspects of HS&E governance across the business.
- Champion and build ongoing relationships with enforcement authorities (including EHO), landlords, contractors suppliers, company business functions, employees and customers.
- Design and implement company wide Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery management strategy and systems.
- Ensure key risk identification, recovery planning and training programmes are in place to ensure the impact of incidents upon staff, profitability, assets and business interruption are minimised.
- Ensure the HS&E management system is maintained and updated to ensure all statutory and operational requirements are discharged.
- Lead and direct HSE policy setting to support MD and Board at quarterly committee meetings, including the production of all committee papers and KPI reporting to Dufry.
- Lead and develop the HS&E team to effectively deliver the departments objectives.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Multisite retail experience.
- Sound knowledge of HSE legislation.
- Excellent Analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of managing and maintaining an HSE Management system.
Job reference: MR - 11706