CBRE Global Workplace Solutions are seeking a Healthy & Safety manager to join the operational team on site at a key Private Sector customer in South West London. Reporting to the Contract Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast moving and fast growing business.
Purpose of the role:
To support the development and ensure the delivery of the Health & Safety strategy, policy and processes. To manage Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives, including project delivery, so as to ensure a safe and healthy working environment, adherence to related statutory duties and the furthering of best practice standards.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement, manage and review the H&S Plan for the client, including project delivery, in line with the Group Strategic H&S Plan;
- To provide guidance and practical expertise on Health, Safety and Environmental issues in addition to those of Quality, ensuring there is appropriate day-to-day support and guidance to both internal and external customers;
- To ensure compliance with all business wide policy and strategy through Management System Audits;
- To lead and support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of QHSE Management;
- To ensure the development and maintenance of the training strategy for the Division, including project delivery, and support its delivery so as to enable appropriate standards of QHSE competence are achieved and maintained;
- To promote and maintain the values of CBRE at all times;
- To ensure the achievement of agreed functional standards and service level agreements;
- To compile and maintain reporting and performance monitoring and analysis and review against established metrics and standards;
- To support the achievement of good industry practice, business competitiveness, and the development of a 'learning’ organisation
- To support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate;
- To support the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of new business through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid and contract generation and review and to support mobilisation and resourcing activities on new contracts and projects;
- To assist as necessary with reviews of existing Policies, Procedures, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work including an appraisal of how these are implemented in the workplace;
- To bring to the attention of the Divisional QHSE Manager any hazards or risks not addressed in the Company Safety Policy.
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments and Marshal Training
- Manage company DSE Assessment system and processes and undertake high risk Assessments
Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development in the related field of QHSE.
- Generalist and strategic managerial experience at Health and Safety / Quality / Environmental Manager level is essential.
Practical experience must include:
- Risk Management strategy development and implementation;
- Best value analysis of support provision;
- Monitoring and analysis of management systems;
- Development and delivery of training;
- Development and implementation of policy and processes;
- Accident and near miss investigation.
- Facilities Management
- DSE Assessments