With over 200 employees on site, this business has annual turnover of close to £35M, and is one of the UK's most established engineering market leaders. Due to growth, they are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Health & Safety Manager to lead the department.
The Health & Safety Manager will use their specialist knowledge and skills to develop and implement robust Health & Safety systems throughout the business. It is a role responsible for the drive of a culture change within the Health, Safety, and Environment function to ensure that a safety first mind set and ethic is adopted throughout the business.
Health & Safety Manager Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* Ensuring all health, safety and environmental legislation is adhered to
* Lead in the planning and monitoring the protective and preventative measures used by the company
* Prepare and develop health, safety and environmental strategies and policies
* Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks can be reduced
* Act as the primary Company interface with the HSE, Insurance Companies and any other external agencies involved in H&S including ISO auditors
* Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation
* Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of the business management systems to OHSAS 18001, and ensure the proper implementation of all HSE plans and procedures.
*Ensure that appropriate PPE is adopted for specific activities against the risk assessment and that stock is available and controlled in a cost-effective manner.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Proven experience of a Health & Safety specialist in a manufacturing environment
* ISO 18001 Experience (Lead Auditor Preferred)
* NEBOSH Diploma Qualified
* Effective trainer, ideally with experience of having led teams in a matrix environment
* Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
* Excellent man-management skills, empowering those around you
* Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
* Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive Health & Safety Manager to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Jack Hattersley at Elevation Recruitment Group on .
Elevation Recruitment Group's Engineering & Manufacturing division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and similar positions, please visit www.elevationrecruitmentgroup.com
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job