Our client is a Top 25 Main Contractor specialising in major design and build construction projects up and down the country. Having recently secured a number of high value projects in the Northern Home Counties, they are looking for 2 x Senior H&S Managers to provide leadership and direction whilst promoting, advising, training and consulting on all aspects of Health and Safety and Environmental issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's fastest growing construction companies. We have placed multiple candidates with this client over the last 5 years, all of whom are really enjoying the technical challenges and working environment on offer.
Senior H&S Manager responsibilities:
- Providing support to the project via regular inspections.
- Monitoring of the safety and environmental performance of projects, making sure a consistent approach is taken to contractor occupational and construction safety across all projects within the portfolio.
- Working with delivery teams to determine practical and deliverable measures to improve H&S safety performance within projects.
- Supporting delivery teams in the investigation of accidents and incidents and in the implementation of resulting recommendations.
- Co-ordinating the H&S activities of the programme and maintaining effective liaison with other Project Stakeholders and the Client.
- Implementing the Client's health & safety policy.
- Ensuring compliance with and reporting on performance of the Project and statutory provisions including CDM.
- Regulat liaison with trade contractors, designers, suppliers, client, enforcement agencies (HSE and ORR) and other relevant parties
- Ensuring the effective completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), bid/tenders and awards submission
- Ensuring that H&S strategy / improvement plans (including at local levels) are set and monitored for the Project.
- Measuring H&S performance by collating and reporting performance data, including trend analysis.
- Preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
Senior H&S Manager experience required:
- Minimum 7 years H&S Manager experience.
- Top Main Contractor experience.
- Major Construction project experience.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- CSCS / SMSTS certified.
Our client offers excellent project work, training and career development opportunities. They also pay highly competitive salaries and packages.
If interested in this position e-mail your CV to Meera Patel at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup .com