Health & Safety Manager - South
BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for BCA, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
BCA MARKETPLACE PLC is looking to fill a position for a Health & Safety Manager to cover the Southern region working as part of the larger UK Health & Safety team. We are ideally looking for an individual with previous experience who is able to influence people at all levels of the organisation and has the right personality to drive change initiatives.
Based in Bedford, Blackbushe, Bridgwater, Enfield, Paddock Wood, Farnham and Peterborough.
- To advise the Health & Safety Executive Committee (HASEC), the Company’s Directors and Branch Managers on all aspects of health and safety appropriate to the workplace.
- To ensure policies and procedures are in place that provide for safe working conditions and the occupational health and safety for all those on our sites.
- To co-ordinate the work of HASEC to ensure the legal and company requirements are implemented.
- To advise all sites on safe systems of work and the provision of safety and protective equipment as required by law or the BCA MARKETPLACE PLC health and safety policies and practices.
- To maintain a system for the proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as required from the assessments.
- To ensure that regular safety inspections of all sites are undertaken and any remedial actions identified are implemented by the site.
- To ensure the adequate provision of first aid and welfare facilities is available.
- To attend the site of all serious accidents & dangerous occurrences and to liaise with the branch management so that changes to procedures can be adopted to reduce significantly the likelihood of such an incident occurring again.
- To provide management reports on safety issues so that safety performance can be monitored and evaluated.
- To liaise as required with the health and safety enforcement agencies.
- To provide assistance as required on any projects involving Health and Safety issues so that project timetables are met.
- To attend quarterly HASEC meetings and provide monthly updates of activities
NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum (diploma preferred)
You must have HSE experience within a manufacturing environment
Exceptional interpersonal skills, and be able to influence at a senior level
Qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
10 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Fire in a supervisory /
Working knowledge in Health, Safety Management Systems OHSAS 18001.
Qualifications in Incident Investigation, HSE Auditing and Safety training.
Ability to train, influence and motivate team members and SMT.
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 31 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Free parking onsite
Cycle to work scheme
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!
- Health Safety
- Occupational Health
- Legal Requirements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job