Health & Safety Manager (Logistics & Distribution)
Upto £45k + Benefits
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.c o.uk or join us on twitter at twitter .com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
We are delighted to assist our client, a leading discount retailer in the UK, in their search for a Health & Safety Manager (Logistics & Distribution).
Reporting into the Site General Manager, you will have full responsibility for delivering a safe, compliant working environment across the site.
- Design and drive with your General Manager the H&S / Facilities agenda and strategy across your Distribution Centre
- Be the first point of call with your General Manager for all H&S and facilities issues
- Manage a small team of maintenance colleagues
- Develop, review and implement safe systems of work across the DC
- Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented, communicated and adhered to
- Promote Health & Safety awareness through H&S and facilities management campaigns
- Produce and implement a maintenance schedule for the entire site
- Ensure there are processes in place for contractors working on site
- Conduct training sessions with management & colleagues on a variety of safety and facilities topics
- Provide management reports on accident statistics and maintenance
- Analyse accident / Incident and Near Miss statistics and implement any risk reducing improvements - ensure a year on year improvement
- Maintain and monitor safety training records through internal auditing
Essential Skills Required:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years working in a health and safety role
- Experience of managing a small team
- Ability to influence and challenge senior management
- Coaching Skills
- Flexibility in working hours
Apply now for immediate consideration.