A Health & Safety Graduate is sought by a world leader in automotive foam to join their Health & Safety Team based in Wednesbury.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Coordinator, this role is ideal for a graduate looking to gain valuable operational health & safety experience in the automotive or chemical industry.
As a part of the health and safety team on site, following training where needed, you will assist in the delivery off:
- Assist the health and safety team in supporting the organisation and staff on aspects of H&S procedures and legislation
- Undertake training to carry out inspections, surveys and audits as required, producing and maintain Risk, Ergonomic, Hand and Arm Vibration studies, Manual Handling, and COSHH Assessments.
- Following training provide induction training for new staff, contractors etc.
- Assist in maintaining ISO 14001, OHAS 18001, and ISO 50001 systems, ensuring compliance.
- Ensure that all staff / employees have the correct and up to date information and means to comply with H&S regulations in their day to day duties
- Assist in ensuring all safety issues with the buildings, equipment and machinery are addressed and dealt with, including but not limited to electrical, Chemical, Noise, Local Extraction Ventilation, Lifting Operations, and Lifting Equipment Regulations and general safety checks.
- Participate in maintaining the policies and procedures related to its Lower Tier COMAH status as a chemical plant Including BOW tie, Layers of Protection Analysis, Failure Effect Mode Analysis and Human Facture analysis studies.
- Administrate and review the E-learning, H&S training modules, and other health and safety documentation.
- Actively promote and communicate Health and safety messages via campaigns, multimedia and training.
The successful Health & Safety Graduate will demonstrate:
- Health & Safety, Environmental, Chemical, Manufacturing related degree or a related subject.
- Awareness of working within the Automotive or Manufacturing industry would be an advantage (but not essential)
- Excellent Microsoft experience - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional membership of IOSH/IEMA/CQI would be helpful
- A self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conscientious, methodical and able to work to your own initiative.
- Ability to deliver under pressure, be enthusiastic and responsible.
- Task orientated with the ability to build effective relationships, you will adopt a proactive approach to supporting the Health & Safety Function.
Health & Safety Graduate
Wednesbury, West Midlands
Excellent salary + benefits
- Health & Safety (or related) degree
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job