Job Title: Health & Safety Executive
Location: Kingston upon Thames (KT1 2EE)
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
KUSCO (Kingston University Service Company Ltd) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Kingston University, established in December 1997. It is a non-profit making organisation providing facility management services to Kingston University.
The Health and Safety Executive will be responsible for ensuring that KUSCO and its employees meet and fulfil all their obligations under the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
The post holder will be expected to ensure that the Estate and Asset Manager or Managing Director is always informed of any serious issues/new developments, as the Manager Director has overall responsibility for Health and safety within the company.
The Health and Safety Executive will be the primary source of information for management and employees of KUSCO on Health and Safety and is responsible for the promotion of an active Health and Safety culture within KUSCO.
- To advise and assist the KUSCO Senior Management Team to meet its obligations under Health and Safety legislation and to play a key role in the preparation and development of Policies and Procedures to ensure a compliant and safe working environment
- Ensure the company's Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol
- To ensure that all managers and staff are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety Legislation
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the University Health and Safety team, seeking advice and providing relevant information where necessary
- Ensuring all managers complete, update and revise individual risk assessment whenever working practices or environments change
- Carry out Health and Safety inductions for all new KUSCO employees
- Represent KUSCO at the University Health, Safety and Security Committee, ensuring Action Points are responded to
- Represent KUSCO at the University Fire Safety Group
- Support the Permit to Work & Contracts Administration Officer in managing the E-Learning platform to ensure our staff are achieving training
- Be proactive at all times. He/she must be willing and able to tackle issues head-on
- Review and implement Safe Systems of works for all activities carried out by the relevant teams
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- To be the administrator of the KUSCO Risk Register, implementing data, attending workshops as necessary and prompting actions
- Carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures and identify and implement improvements
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant and updating H&S Policy when required
- Undertake appraisals when required
- Any other duties that may reasonable be required
- A professional approach which generates credibility and confidence in others
- Degree in H&S
- NEBOSH Diploma Level 6 or equivalent Grade/ Corporate ISOH Membership
- Well-developed IT skills, including confident use of Microsoft office and ability to learn new IT packages
- Previous training experience and/or certification in manual handling
- Flexibility and self-motivation with good organisation skills, ability to work with little direct supervision and to prioritise tasks if necessary on a daily basis
- Qualified First Aider Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written. This role requires detailed report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to listen to problems and to explain clearly actions to be taken
- Current and valid driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Experience of managing H&S in a diverse environment
- Previous experience of working in a University environment
- Experience of managing a team
- Ability to undertake audits and develop actions plans as required
- Team player
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- NUS Card
Due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Health & Safety Advisor, H & S Advisor, Health & Safety Officer, Health, Safety and Facilities Coordinator, Health and Safety Officer, Facilities Advisor, Health and Safety Assistant, Facilities Coordinator, Health, Safety and Facilities Officer, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Administrator, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, PTTLS, Inspection & Audit Officer, Risk Assessment Officer, Risk Assessment Advisor, Fire Safety & Risk Management, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer may also be considered for this role.
- Facilities Coordinator
- Health & Safety Officer
- Health and Safety Officer
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Facilities Advisor
- Health and Safety Assistant
- Safety and Facilities Coordinator
- Safety and Facilities Officer
- H & S Advisor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'