Job Title: Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Advisor (HSE Advisor)
Salary: £30,000 (DOE + Pension + Health Scheme)
Our Client is the UK's largest privately-owned liquid adhesive, sealant, coating & primer manufacturer. They supply high-performance products worldwide across a range of industrial, construction, roofing and end-user markets. Supply is direct and via distributors, under themselves and private-label brands.
Established 1972 in Tamworth, customers recognise the Client for their technical & compliance expertise, commitment to service and eagerness to build mutually beneficial long-term partnerships. This is reflected in the brand's promise, 'More than adhesives'. Their dedication to both relationship-building and constant innovation allows them to thrive in a constantly evolving and challenging market place.
Growth has been rapid in recent years, both in turnover and number of employees. They truly believe that this is because they have great people, who strive to add value across the entire business. Their people live up to the Core Values: Safety, Care & Trust. The Core Values reflect how we treat all of their stakeholders. They guide their business decisions and daily actions.
With fast growth set to continue, now is an exciting time to join them. There is a real opportunity for employees to play a role in shaping the future of the company.
Using the academic underpinning of health and safety technical expertise, the role of Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor will complement the existing Compliance Department with an objective of designing safety and environment controls into the manufacturing process, whilst striving for continuous improvement.
This is very much a "hands on" role where you will be required to work with the operational teams to collect appropriate data, make suitable analysis and communicate findings and conclusions to the wider company. Additionally, you will play a key role in the implementation of improvements to make the business safer and more effective in line with the clients core values of Safety, Care and Trust.
Experience in the chemical industry necessary.
- Creating and maintaining business documentation such as Health and Safety process guidelines, risk assessments and procedures which form part of the company's integrated management system (9001 & 14001).
- Evaluate and review risk assessments and site safety audits with written reports and agreed action plans.
- Support and coach local leadership when carrying out safety briefings.
- Development of product CLP labels and MSDS documentation.
- Carry out environmental aspect and impact audits.
- Review emergency response and preparedness procedures.
- Respond to customer queries regarding health and safety..
- Support investigations into accidents and incidents. Ensure plans are put in place to prevent re-occurrence.
- Promote a positive safety culture to the whole business.
- Support on-going training and development in Health and Safety.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar H&S Advisor/ Compliance role within a manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification.
- Chemical experience preferred, a good understanding of chemistry is essential.
- Work well with data and be data-driven.
- Excellent problem solving skills and have an inquisitive nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, MSDS software.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Health And Safety Executive, Environmental Advisor, Environmental Executive, Health and Safety Coordinator, HSE Advisor, HSE Executive, HSE Support, Health and Safety Support, Business Management, Senior, Commercial may also be considered for this role.
- Business Management
- Environmental Advisor
- HSE Advisor
- Health and Safety Coordinator
- Health and Safety Support
- HSE Executive
- Health And Safety Executive
- Environmental Executive
- HSE Support