Job Title: Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Advisor (HSE Advisor)
Salary: £30,000 (DOE + Pension + Health Scheme)
Our Client is the UK's largest privately-owned liquid adhesive, sealant, coating & primer manufacturer. They supply high-performance products worldwide across a range of industrial, construction, roofing and end-user markets. Supply is direct and via distributors, under themselves and private-label brands.
Established 1972 in Tamworth, customers recognise the Client for their technical & compliance expertise, commitment to service and eagerness to build mutually beneficial long-term partnerships. This is reflected in the brand's promise, 'More than adhesives'. Their dedication to both relationship-building and constant innovation allows them to thrive in a constantly evolving and challenging market place.
Growth has been rapid in recent years, both in turnover and number of employees. They truly believe that this is because they have great people, who strive to add value across the entire business. Their people live up to the Core Values: Safety, Care & Trust. The Core Values reflect how we treat all of their stakeholders. They guide their business decisions and daily actions.
With fast growth set to continue, now is an exciting time to join them. There is a real opportunity for employees to play a role in shaping the future of the company.
Our Client has an exciting opening for a Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor to join their business based in the head office at Tamworth, Staffordshire. Using the academic underpinning of health and safety technical expertise, the role of Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor is to complement the existing Compliance Department with an objective of designing safety and environment controls into the manufacturing process while striving for continuous improvement.
This is very much a "hands on" role where you will be required to collect appropriate data, make suitable analysis and communicate findings and conclusions to the wider company. Additionally, you will play a key role in the implementation of improvements that will make the business more safe and effective and ultimately increase profits.
Experience in the chemical industry necessary.
- Creating and maintaining all: Health and Safety process guidelines for the business; Risk assessments for manufacturing process; Procedures for the company integrated management system (9001, 14001); CLP and REACH implementation including MSDS creation
- Creating and writing documentation guidelines
- Carry out Risk assessments and site safety audits with written reports and identified actions
- Safety briefings
- Product CLP label development
- Process Aspect and Impact audits
- Emergency response and preparedness reviews
- Customer support in health and safety matters
- Respond to accidents and incidents and ensure accident prevention plans are put in place
- Promote a positive safety culture to the whole business through team talks
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar H&S Advisor/ Compliance role within a manufacturing
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification
- Good understanding of chemistry would be ideal
- Work well with data and be data-driven
- Excellent problem solving skills and have an inquisitive nature
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore
Ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Be able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Proactive, self-sufficient and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Health And Safety Executive, Environmental Advisor, Environmental Executive, Health and Safety Coordinator, HSE Advisor, HSE Executive, HSE Support, Health and Safety Support, Business Management, Senior, Commercial may also be considered for this role.
- Business Management
- Environmental Advisor
- HSE Advisor
- Health and Safety Coordinator
- Health and Safety Support
- HSE Executive
- Health And Safety Executive
- Environmental Executive
- HSE Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job