HEALTH & SAFETY ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR N.Somerset £30k + Bens
Health & Safety Environmental Co-ordinator North Somerset
c£30k + Bonus + Pension+ Other Bens
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www . strive . co . uk or join us on twitter at twitter. com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
We are delighted to assist our client, an innovative and growing Europe wide food manufacturing business in their search for an exceptional HSE Co-ordinator to join their team in North Somerset.
Hours - 8.45 am - 4.45pm Mon- Thurs8.45 - 4pm Friday
The Health, Safety & Environmental position would suit an energetic person with great attention to detail and an excellent communicator, with previous experience. A confident team player who has the ability to develop creative solutions whilst maintaining a methodical approach to their work and deal with the pressures of a fast-paced environment.
First 12-month Key Objectives
- An effective schedule for regular review, investigation and action on HSE policy, practice and performance.
- EMS for the business
- Administration system for all HSE data and information
- Work effectively in manufacturing, warehouse, laboratory and office environments.
- Assist the General Manager to set HSE policy, identify gaps in current policy and practice and, working with the management team, implement new practice and procedures as required.
- Develop and implement a practical EMS with the aim of eventually obtaining and sustaining an external Environmental accreditation.
- Manage regular HSE meetings for the business HSE team, co-ordinate and report the relevant KPI’s/Statistics and identify, allocate and monitor actions.
- Administer all HSE documentation to make it accessible to users.
- Audit current practice and drive improvement.
- Ensure that business management are aware of changes to HSE regulations and any response required by the business to be compliant with the regulations.
- Organize external training for staff or lead internal training where appropriate.
- Carry out Risk Assessments.
- Advise on PPE, SSW and Occupational Health requirements.
For the right applicant training will be given to complete knowledge/experience gaps.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NGC plus relevant work experience.
- Experience of COSHH systems and working with potentially hazardous materials.
Preferred BUT non-essential:
- Knowledge of DSEAR/ATEX and the storage & handling of flammable materials.
- Experience of working in a food environment
This is a fantastic opportunity & we look forward to your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'