We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HSE Professional to join a well-established, innovative business on a permanent basis.
Why chose Dams?
Dams is a successful, dynamic office furniture company based in Knowsley and is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and wholesalers of office furniture; with a new multi-million pound manufacturing facility at our head office site.
This role covers multiple departments across the organisation; providing support and advice on all Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities, including;
- Ensure the health and safety policy is implemented consistently across the organisation
- Create and deliver annual HS&E plans and ensure that all statutory obligations are met
- Advise on the implications of current and new legislation - ensure compliance with governing bodies, reporting, maintenance of records-RIDDOR, LOLER, PUWER, COSHH
- Manage all health and safety administration
- Monitoring and reporting of incidents trends which are of major significance to service delivery
- Organising training and refresher courses for FLT / PPE / First Aiders / Fire Marshals
- Regular workplace inspections to identify good practices and non-conformities
- Supporting incident investigations to aid collation of evidence
- Updating company risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Fire safety, ensuring that adequate and appropriate fire safety measures are in place
- Health surveillance and identify any corrective actions needed
- Provide and support in house training programs and communication sessions
- Liaise with suppliers and external third parties i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Development and maintenance of a health and safety management system
- Establish a regular forum for Dams employees to raise H&S concerns
- Full NEBOSH qualification is essential
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience - ideally in a manufacturing environment
- A demonstrable record of success in previous roles
- In-depth knowledge of H&S legislation
- Experience of implementation of ISO 14001 preferred
- Proven experience in the delivery of advice and guidance to managers/supervisors
- Professional approach, able to work co-operatively with stakeholders
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Ability to produce written reports in a clear and concise manner
What we can offer:
- Accelerate your career in a fast-growing company
- Support for your development and career progression
- Work in a vibrant, diverse and inspiring environment
- 28 days holiday (Inc. statutory holidays) rising with service
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discounts
- Modern refurbished offices
Apply now for immediate consideration.
The company reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date. Dams is only accepting direct applicants for this role, no agency contact is required at this stage.
- Fire Safety
- ISO 14001
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'