Based at our head office in Harrow, our workshop premises in Park Royal and with responsibility for all our project sites within the M25:
- Maintain and Manage the companies UKASOSHSAS 18001 Accreditation including personally dealing with the auditors and managing the audit process
- Maintain and Manage the companies UKAS ISO 14001 Accreditation including personally dealing with the auditors and managing the audit process
- Assist in maintaining and managing the company’s other accreditations / audits for Quality, Health & Safety including CE Marking; BCSARQSC / SSiP, BCSA Sustainability Charter; FORS
- Achieve and maintain CHAS, Safe contractor, and Construction Line.
- Maintain and Manage the companies Achilles Accreditation for Building Confidence (general building work)
- Carry out Monthly auditing on the Safety Management Systems in accordance with UKAS requirements.
- Review and Update the Company Health and Safety Policy and Manual.
- Liaise with the H.S.E. Statutory bodies, Insurance Companies and Company personnel as required.
- Prepare, develop and review task specific risk assessments, Method Statements and Lift Plans.
- Prepare, develop and review SSOW and competence.
- Develop, review and improve the production facilities HS&E requirements, goals/objectives
- Stay ahead of training and legislative requirements/best practice, plan ahead for industry changes.
- Understand key requirements for our main contractors on an individual basis; ensure we deliver to their requirements without busting the company by staying ahead at a steady pace
- Production of detailed annual HSE Reports to present to the board during Management Review meetings, including accident statistics.
- Carry out detailed accident reports.
- Produce Monthly SHE Bulletins/Alerts and communicate to staff.
- Carry out SHE Site audits/inspections, and produce a Monthly SHE Performance League Tables.
- Chair regular SHE Meetings with clients and sub-contractors.
- Checked compliance with the Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Regulations and created a Safe Working Practice empowering fellow employees to monitor their own level of compliance.
- Formulated company procedures, method statements and working practices for associated practices such as Working at Height and Lifting Operations.
- Achieve and maintain RoSPA awards.
- Allocate work to others.
- Be prepared to do a highly admin oriented role and manage delegation through to completion of tasks
Ideal Candidate to also be an Appointed Person:
Plan and prepare detailed Lift Plans in accordance with BS7121 Safe use of cranes to:
- calculate and interpret arithmetical data
- record details in a logical and clear Format
- Verbally communicate data
- Write reports, risk assessments and method statements
- Carrying out workshops safety inspections.
- Lead onsite safety improvements following findings from safety inspections and amend risk assessments.
- Assist in crane set up (Rig and de-rig).
- Carry out toolbox talks and SSoW briefings.
Ideal Candidate to be NEBOSH & IOSH trained (With certificates provided before agreement to interview)
ASME Engineering Ltd can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.
- ISO 14001
- Management Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job