Reporting into the Plant Manager of an established site, you will provide directional support to the business in the planning, measuring, reviewing and auditing of Health, Safety and Environmental activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to take full leadership in driving and embedding world class health, safety and environmental management performance, promoting a culture of leadership, ownership and extensive employee engagement across the organisation. Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• To work alongside senior management communicating, advising and negotiating options and recommendations for the development of current and future compliance within the context of Health, Safety & Environmental Policy.
• Champion SHE management on site and actively promote a developing safety culture within the site by overseeing the overall development and improvement of SHE behaviours within the business.
• Ensure that SHE key performance indicators are fully integrated into, and properly reflected, in overall site performance reporting.
• Ensure that SHE management systems remain current to ensure legal compliance.
• Champion the need for improvements year on year in all areas of Environment & Health and Safety management.
• Support the delivery of the SHE Program/SHE TPM Pillar deployment /Process Safety & Tier reporting.
• Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related Life Science subject.
• Background in Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
• Work well under pressure, determined and is able to influence at all levels.
• Have significant operational experience in Environmental & Health & Safety, ideally within the Manufacturing industry.
• Be credible, with an engaging communication style.
• Have achieved NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
• Ideally have or be working towards Chartered membership of IOSH.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job