Reporting to the HSE Manager, the Health & Safety Coordinator will assist in generating and promoting a positive health and safety culture across the wider business.
This is a critical role in the business and due to growth, our client is looking to find a determined and committed individual who will help mould and drive a successful HSE department.
Health & Safety Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Adopting and implementing working practices that are safe and comply with current legislation.
- Implement, manage and control site H&S communication strategy.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly MDW review meetings when required.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced, make recommendations for reduction and ensure implantation of any changes agreed.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Manage SOP register and ensure site adherence
- Carrying out regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead in-house training program and working with other departmental managers and employees cascading health and safety issues and risks.
- Attend site H&S meetings, ensuring minutes are taken and action plans made, including ensuring timely completion of action plans.
- Work with the occupational health department/providers to ensure employee safety and welfare in line with current legislation.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of a Health & Safety specialist in a manufacturing environment
- ISO 18001 Experience (Auditor Preferred)
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Excellent social skills, empowering those around you
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive Health & Safety Coordinator to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job