A fantastic and exciting opportunity has recently arisen to join a well-established small consultancy business as a Health and Safety Consultant. Working closely with the Managing Director, providing a hands on approach, there will be extensive travel mainly within the North West/North Wales area. Although the head office is Wrexham, North Wales, the role is field based and 70% of the work is currently completed within the Manchester area.
We are passionate about getting the right candidate, someone who is dedicated, passionate and self motivated. We are open to full or part time applicants.
The minimum requirements are:
- Current or recent experience of working in a Health and Safety based position (ideally as a consultant/manager)
- Experience in completing inspections, audits and risk assessments
- Ideally you will have experience within either Construction, Manufacturing or engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Diploma or equivalent, (Minimum Nebosh Certificate)
- GradIOSH working towards CMIOSH (ideally but will consider TechIOSH or equivalent).
- Full Driving License
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with briefings/presentations
You will be required to:
- Visit client sites to survey and advise on their health and safety standards
- Complete indepth audits, inspections and risk assessments
- Prepare manuals, handbooks and inspection reports
- Offer advice and guidance as required
- Build rapport to ensure strong business relationships are developed
- Deliver training sessions
- Assisting the Managing Director
- Completing Health and Safety inductions
- Providing on-site Health and Safety support
- Ensuring all works carried out comply with H&S legislation
- Keeping accurate Health & Safety Records
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established business in a permanent position with a salary between £25,000 to £35,000 pro rata (dependant on experience and qualifications) plus car allowance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job