Health and Safety Consultant - Development role
Location: North West Region
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 + Car allowance + Company benefits
- Are you looking to develop a career within Health & Safety?
- Do you currently have a NEBOSH general certificate in Occupation Health & Safety?
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for someone who is new to Health and Safety and is looking to develop their career within a successful insurance broker.
The candidate will have a NEBOSH general certificate in Occupational safety and Health, we are looking to offer you a development role taking you through from certificate to a Chartered Member of IOSH with you taking additional qualifications in Construction, Fire and Environmental Management.
The area you will cover will be Bradford, Leeds and Newcastle.
- Candidate to have a NEBOSH general certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- IT skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint and database administration
- Excellent relationship building skills are required
The purpose of the role is to provide a range of clients with high quality, accurate and practical advice on all aspects of health and safety.
- Responsibility for the effective delivery of health and safety assistance to your allocated clients
- Carrying out various site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Advising on relevant aspects of health and safety legislation and best practice
- Preparation of health and safety documentation relevant to the client needs
- Assist/ support ad-hoc tasks within the team
- Support clients as necessary in carrying out their legal duties by attending formal meetings, such as committee meetings or meetings with representatives of an enforcement body
- Support clients to manage their accidents and incidents and assist with the investigation of any major accidents
- Identify opportunities for new training and develop appropriate training material to meet business needs, including leading training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please click 'apply' or for more information please contact
- Risk Assessment
- Health & Safety Consultant
- Health and Safety officer
- Nebosh certificate