Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Our client is based in Tiptree, Essex. They offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Furniture components are manufactured on their state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on their sixteen acre site.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. The successful candidate will be in responsible of the safety, health environment of the Company. He/She will coordinate work systems to ensure that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
As their Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for the general maintenance of our facilities. You will be expected to:
- To act as the Competent Person for health and safety matters relating to manufacturing, cleaning and grounds maintenance, across the organisation, as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Actively drive and implement a health, safety and environmentally aware culture amongst all employees within the business.
- Work according to the Peninsula Business Services Ltd and Business Safe 123 Online system and adhere to all stipulations from Peninsula regarding Health and Safety to ensure the Company’s insurance indemnity is maintained at all times.
- Assist with any onsite audits from Peninsula Business Services, Health & Safety Executive, Essex County and Fire Rescue Service, etc.
- Assist with monthly meetings with all employee representatives and ensure that all issues raised are followed up and completed.
- Act on ad-hoc employee concerns regarding health and safety and provide feedback to staff.
- Conduct daily site inspection and report any findings of Health and Safety concerns to the HR Manager.
- Assist HR Manager in compiling and maintaining training matrix for all staff.
- Arrange training for employees and update all training records.
- Provide monthly report to Managing Director and HR Manager.
- Provide advice and support on safe working practices and safe systems of work to managers and supervisors responsible for repairs & maintenance and to managers responsible for any manufacturing related areas of work so that they are aware of their respective obligations in terms of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Deliver a robust programme for proactive on-site inspections to check, challenge, support, mentor and guide workers and supervisors in the delivery of safe working practices.
- Advise managers and team leaders on legal requirements and changes in legislation as necessary, ensuring all necessary Health & Safety procedures and guidance are in place and available to managers and employees and that these are reviewed and updated.
- Advise managers on the risk assessments required and ensure that managers complete and review risk assessments appropriate to their area of the business.
- Maintain the COSHH assessment register and provide updates to managers as necessary.
- Produce reports on Health and Safety issues for Managing Directors as required.
- Manage uniform and PPE orders
- Contact with external professional Managers, partner organisations, contractors and statutory Health and Safety agents as required.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 17:00pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential.
To be considered for their Health, Safety and Environmental Manager role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety (MIOSH)
- You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as a Health and Safety Manager
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment and sites with a high volume of traffic
- You will need to take a hands on approach when carrying out this role and be prepared to undertake daily visits to the different factory units
- Be able to give examples of excellent verbal and non-verbal communication
- Need to be a strong, assertive person who is good at building and maintaining long-lasting professional relationships whilst ensuring health and safety policies and procedures are never in jeopardy
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager Benefits:
- 25 Days per annum (Increasing with Service Years)
- Bupa Medical Insurance
If you feel you have the skills for their Health, Safety and Environmental Manager role, please apply now!