This successful manufacturing organisation now requires an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to co-ordinate, support and advise on all aspects of health, safety and environmental activities within the business.
As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager you will be required to establish, monitor and manage all standards, processes and systems to ensure that all health, safety and environmental responsibilities are met and adhered to. Your role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- ensuring a safe workplace without risk to health and impact on environment
- ensuring that all health & safety and environmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- ensuring that the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to environmental, health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- completing and regular reviewing risk assessments and method statements for all work equipment and operations, including those of sub-contractors working on behalf of the company
- supporting the completion of environmental, health and safety documentation associated with pre-qualification questionnaires and/or contracts
- co-ordinating the development of environmental, health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures
- co-ordinating and managing all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- ensuring full and accurate environmental, health and safety and training records are maintained
- establishing a full programme of documented environmental, health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- establishing a structured program of health & safety training throughout the company
- keeping up to date with all aspects of relevant environmental, health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicating relevant changes to the business
- providing regular reports to the wider management team on all relevant environmental, health and safety activities
Preferably with at least 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the same or similar role, candidates will ideally hold an NEBOSH Certificate, be a qualified ISO 14001 Auditor and have additional experience and qualifications in the environmental aspects of the role.
Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and a NEBOSH diploma would also be desirable.
Candidates should have previous experience of dealing with environmental, health and safety matters in a fast moving dynamic environment. Previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment would be beneficial.
With excellent project management skills, close attention to detail and strong IT skills, for this customer focused role, you should be an organised and confident individual, who is pro-active and demonstrates initiative and a positive, "can-do" attitude.
The presence to communicate and influence at the highest level will be key in this role.
- ISO 14001