Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, £35-40k , Manufacturing environment, Swadlincote
My client, an established family owned Company are recruiting for an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager who will be responsible for health and safety and environmental management systems protecting staff, neighbours and the environment and at the same time protecting the manufacturing capability of the site.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an expanding company who are a predominant player in their market
As the Health, Safety & Environment Manager you will often be out on the 'shop floor’ working collaboratively with the Operations team, ensuring working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
Advising the Management team ensuring the Company complies with its statutory obligations in relation to HSE.
Assisting the Management team with the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
Encouraging a culture of Safety First in the Company and to share expertise and insights with colleagues.
Facilitating all forms of risk assessment and be the final authority where risk assessment is performed by others.
Preparing COSHH assessments.
Ensuring the Company’s compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act, other HSE regulations, and environmental standards such as ISO 14001and ensuring HSE best practice standards are developed and maintained on site and are consistently applied across the business.
Updating existing and preparing new HSE policies and procedures in a clear and concise way
Carrying out health and safety inspections and internal audits, preparing reports for the Operations team.
Undertaking accident, incident and near miss investigations and prepare reports for Operations team.
Working with colleagues in continuous improvement to continually advance our HSE systems.
Conducting in house training sessions and tool box talks on HSE topics.
You will also need to:
•ensure our compliance with RIDDOR.
• fulfil the duties of the Company’s COMAH Manager.
•keep up to date with changes in the HSE.
•maintain the waste management system.
To be considered for this role you will be NEBOSH qualified or an equivalent, have a minimum of 3 years experience in a Health, Safety and Environment role within a manufacturing site at a minimum of Advisor level and have experience of the following:
• ISO9001. • An Internal Quality Auditor qualification.
• Commercially aware with a practical business mind.
• Skilled at writing policies and procedures.
• Able to prepare reports.
• IT literate.
• Degree level education
• Previous experience as a Supervisor/First Line Manager.
• Member of IOSH
•Additional incident investigation training courses/qualifications completed.
• Qualified and experienced First Aider.
• Completed a presentation skills course.
• Completed a 'train the trainer’ course.
• Experienced in designing and delivering 'tool box talks’ Personal Attributes and Characteristics
• Real team player who can build and maintain internal and external relationships.
• Approachable, positive, friendly attitude.
• Able to remain calm in an emergency.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Confident, motivated and enthusiastic about HSE.
• Ability to analyse and make sense of complex information.
• Ability to make significant decisions in a timely manner, challenging when appropriate.
• Articulate presenter, clear, interesting, able to deliver practical training that makes a difference.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
• Problem Solving skills.
• Able to influence others positively.
• Able to inspire and motivate others.
• Able to work with minimal direction
• Effective personal organisational skills.
• Committed to own CPD.
• An investigative mind.
• An interest in the law.
• Hobbies or interests that mean working with others collaboratively.
• Has held positions of responsibility in or outside of work.
• A flexible approach to work.
Core hours of work will be between 8:30am and 5pm but able to be flexible to attend the site out of these hours (i.e. during shift working) •
FLT truck licence. •
Full UK Driving Licence I
f you would be interested in discussing this role please apply now with dates you would be available to talk in January 2018
Vantage Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Manufacturing Environment
- ISO Procedures