Are you a Health and Safety Advisor looking for your next challenge? Are you strong on administration/paperwork? Do you live within a travelable distance of Barton upon Humber?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced safety professional to work in a collaborative environment as part of the senior project management team influencing and leading on all aspects of health and safety performance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures and statutory requirements as they affect the Project operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
- Provide operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, ill health, environmental incidents and the practical implementation of the company's SHE policies.
- Provide operational and functional management with advice for obtaining legal consents, licences and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licences and waste management licences.
- Assist the Project Manager or Project SHE/E Manager in preparing and developing the Project Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan & coordinate reviews as required.
- Undertake site SHE inspections as required. Participate as requested in "Company" SHE Audit and inspections.
- Advise on the assessment and appointment of sub-contractors.
- Assist where necessary with tenders and presentations to external bodies.
- When requested, advise on the preparation of SHE risk assessments and Method Statements.
- Ensure that appropriate Project SHE performance is monitored and reports are provided as required by the Sector SHE Manager, and Project Manager.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents where appropriate. Monitor and coordinate the close out of the above.
- Ensure that appropriate Project SHE performance reports are provided as required by the Sector SHE Manager and Project Director.
- Assist and promote the IFE (Injury Free Environment) programme on the project working closely with IFE Champions.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of SHE training courses and ensure that staff with specific SHE responsibilities have received the appropriate training. Organise and deliver relevant SHE Training where required including Inductions.
- Give advice and guidance (where required) to the CDM Coordinator's team where the company has been appointed to fulfil that role.
- Set standards and lead by example in the management of SHE
- Liaise with the HSE, EA, local authorities and other enforcing agencies.
- Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relation to SHE management and responsibilities including appropriate qualification and professional membership.
- Obtain competency cards in line with company Competence Card Compliance policy, e.g. CSCS / EUSR.
- Assistance with innovation and best practice implementation, write up and communication.
- Assisting with award write ups and presentations for SHE for the Project Director on occasions.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 3 years SHE related experience
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or IEMA Associate Qualification or equivalent NVQ Tech.IOSH or AIEMA or equivalent
- 5 years relevant SHE experience in construction/engineering industry
- Grad IOSH or AIEMA or equivalent
- Driving Licence
Please apply online with a CV or find me on LinkedIn - Damian Aston (Randstad)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'