Work is changing. That’s why we’re changing too. We know that the right spaces help you make a difference every day. And we know what a difference that can make. Because when space works, everything works.
We also know that the right person can make a difference. And we’re looking for someone to do just that. Is it you?
What you’ll do at Staples
As the Health and Safety Advisor for the UK, you will lead our Health & Safety culture within Staples, in conjunction with the robust maintenance and continuous development of the Health and Safety (H&S) Management System. Your main duties will include:
- Preparation of H&S strategies and develop internal policies and procedures, ensuring that all H&S documentation is developed, reviewed and maintained in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Taking the lead on risk assessments and outlining safe systems of work which identify and take account of relevant risks.
- Ensure regular site H&S audits are carried out, documented and reported.
- Attend relevant Operational meetings.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of H&S legislation, keeping up to date with changes and informing the business where applicable.
- Working with management teams to change working practices to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Working with trainers to ensure managers’ and associates’ training is relevant and compliant.
- Investigating, reporting on and maintaining records of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Producing monthly management reports on agreed H&S topics, targets and objectives, providing clear recommendations to mitigate risk for UK Leadership and H&S Committees.
- Ensuring a high standard of MHE operation is achieved via the onsite MHE Instructors.
- Managing, organising and advising on the safe storage of products in line with COSHH Regulations and the Fire Safety Order.
- Liaising regularly with Facilities, Security, Onsite Engineers and 3rd Parties.
- Liaising with HR and third party Occupational Health provider on vocational rehabilitation.
- Liaising and co-ordinating visits with insurers for accident investigation, personal injury and defence purposes.
- If necessary, liaising with regulatory authorities regarding enforcement visits and ensure all enforcement notices are actioned and adhered to.
What you’ll bring to Staples...
- Grad IOSH preferable or exceptional Tech IOSH.
- Experience in fast moving Warehousing and Distribution environment, Contact Centre and Offices.
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar roles and environment.
- A training qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of OHSAS18001/4500, ISO14001 and ISO9001.
- Experience of running multi-site Health and Safety Committees.
- Proven track record of achievement of HSE management systems.
- Excellent communication, both spoken and written.
- Good time management.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to interpret and apply Health and Safety legislation and policy to adapt as relevant.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages.
- Full UK driving license as inter-site travel is required.
What you'll get from Staples
- Competitive salary
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
- Optional dental cover (pay-in)
- Perks at Work
- Free onsite parking
- Accident Investigation
- ISO 14001
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'