Health & Safety Advisor
Sir Robert McAlpine is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company. Established in 1869, we have been a ubiquitous construction leader over two centuries.
We are honoured to have worked on some of Britain’s most iconic buildings and projects.
The values at the heart of our operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence, sustainability, and an unswerving focus on the needs and aspirations of our clients.
Our aim is to make a positive impact on the communities and the environment in which we operate.
We believe being inclusive and nurturing a diversity of talent and skills will help us to continue our rich legacy of technical excellence to proudly build Britain’s future heritage.
A senior member of the project team reporting to the Regional Health and Safety Advisor/Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to the project management team, staff, SRM foreman, site operatives and sub-contractor personnel, foreman and operatives, in order to ensure the effective management of Safety and Health through both the pre-construction and construction phases of the project. You will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on all matters relating to Safety and Health and will Champion the Build Sure philosophy by behaving in line with our values.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance and advice to project management on compliance with H&S legislation, providing a source of advice and information to all working on the project
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the Construction Phase Plan and other H&S project documentation including the Fall Prevention Plan, Fire Safety Plans and Fire Risk Assessments, Traffic Management Plan & the Emergency Response Plan/Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Guide the project management in the implementation of the Company H&S Procedures and bring to the attention of project management and Regional Health and Safety Advisor any perceived deficiencies
- Assist project management in the identification of training requirements and where able to, support and provide training
- Provide advice and where necessary assist in the review of Sir Robert McAlpine and subcontractor’s Method Statements:
- Prepare and compile a monthly report for the Regional Health & Safety Adviser/Project Manager covering H&S and other significant issues and to report back on the management performance together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Undertake site inspections, audits, surveillances and tours to promote accident prevention/health promotion and to monitor H&S performance of both SRM and sub-contractors in accordance with the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and approved Method Statements and Risk Assessments
Excellent working knowledge and understanding of current Health and Safety Legislation and to keep up to date with legislative changes
The ability to demonstrate the understanding and the application of conducting workplace risk assessment as recognised by the HSE
The ability to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the application of health and safety legislation and applicable standards to ensure compliance
Must be an outstanding leader and able to lead by example
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
- Risk Assessment
- Site Inspections
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"