Health & Safety Advisor
Salary & package: £40,000 - £47,000, Pension, 25 days holiday, benefits
A busy house builder seeks to appoint an experienced Health & Safety Advisor from their Warrington office; this is a position that will require a high level of autonomy and experience.
This position will suit someone who is an experience H&S Advisor or Officer, SHEQ Advisor, or a Senior H&S Officer or Manager who is looking to direct the company's H&S strategy.
The company started as a small family run business and have expanded gradually over the years creating an enviable reputation, built on quality, customer service and delivering high standards. They are now one of the top 10 house builders building new properties ranging from 1 bed apartments to luxury family homes across the UK.
The Health & Safety Advisor will be reporting to the Construction Director and Health & Safety Manager and will be responsible for implementing and reviewing the highest standards of Health & Safety on a number of refurbishment and new build projects across the region.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Responsible for development, maintenance and implementation of all areas of the company's Health & Safety Management System
2. Liaising with Site Teams to ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures
3. Liaising with third parties where required
4. Ensure staff receive adequate assistance & support to enable them to implement Health & Safety effectively
5. Ensure all accidents and dangerous occurrences are reported and investigated
6. Monitoring of sites and undertaking audits where required with respect to Environmental, Health & Safety and Sub-Contractor issues
7. Reporting to Health & Safety Manager with respect to Environmental, Health & Safety, Sub-Contractor performance and training requirements for staff
8. Contribute Health & Safety information to tenders and proposals
To qualify for this Health & Safety Advisor role you will be required to have:
" NEBOSH Certificate - Construction would be ideal
" Experience working on new build construction sites and have a good track record of delivering H&S at the high standards.
" You will have excellent interpersonal skills communicating with colleagues and clients at all levels
" Team player but also work unsupervised
" Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and have a good understanding of Health & Safety regulations.
For further information please contact Mark Harrison at Bromak Recruitment.