We have an opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor (Interim) to join our team based in Corby, on a full time, fixed term contract for a period of 6 months. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary.
We are forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from multiple UK & International locations and supply our customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
The main purpose of our Health & Safety Advisor (Interim) is to implement Health and Safety best practice for the site, ensuring the Company complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance. To work proactively with managers to establish and maintain safe systems of work and a safe environment for colleagues and visitors across the group.
Our Health & Safety Advisor (Interim) duties and key responsibilities include:
- Deliver a professional Health and safety advisory and administration service to site Management
- Ensure the site/area of responsibility complies with HR & Health and Safety best practice and statutory compliance as a minimum
- Manage the administrative requirements of all relevant accident reports
- Contribute to ad hoc H&S projects
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety Policy and Practice
- Providing consultative support to employees with the objective of minimising business Health & Safety risk.
- Completing inspections and audits, in line with the audit plan.
- Provide administration support for the site H & S Committee.
- Conduct risk assessments, work with managers and employees to ensure they are prepared and reviewed as necessary.
- Investigate, or where appropriate, assist others in accident investigation and reporting on, incidents, damages, dangerous occurrences and significant near misses.
The successful Health & Safety Advisor (Interim) must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Must have Warehouse/Distribution experience
- Practical experience of handling and providing a Health & Safety Advisory service
- Organised, methodical and disciplined
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical knowledge preparing and producing Risk Assessments & SSOW
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel
- IOSH/NEBOSH certified (or equivalent) desirable
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Health & Safety Advisor (Interim) please click ‘Apply’ today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job