Working for a prestigious company offering luxurious retirement developments we have a new role for a Health and Safety Advisor with potential career progression as the company plans for further growth. Reporting into the Group Health and Safety Manager, this role is responsible for the general implementation and management of Health and Safety systems throughout the business.
This is a field based role covering sites across the whole of the UK, predominantly based in the south, with regular days at the office in Egham.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you would create, communicate and drive a robust and interactive HSE culture through the business, positively impacting on preventing accidents and incidents and contributing to the achievement of current objectives and targets.
• Support the development and proactive HSE service throughout the business, with a focus on compliant, commercial and practical cost effective solutions.
• Coordinate the activities of HSE FM Operations teams to support consistent local aims and objectives.
• To undertake and revise operational risk assessments and introduce risk reduction strategies; and where required build these strategies into the Safety Management System
• Undertake an internal audit and inspection programme to ensure compliance to both HSE standards and group requirements, with the ability to demonstrate continual improvements in the business.
• Support the implementation of change initiatives in relation to HSE where necessary.
• Maintain knowledge of all applicable legislation and industry standards and notify management of implications, trends and best practice.
• To provide information, technical specialist advice and guidance in line with current UK Health and Safety Legislation.
• To liaise, on behalf of the Group Health and Safety Manager, with external enforcement agencies in relation to health & safety, food safety and fire compliance matters
• Promote HSE best practice and consistency within the Operations teams and across the business
• Contribute to the compilation of HSE Performance Management Reports, highlighting trends and issues, and support the Group Health and Safety Manager to devise improvement measures as appropriate.
• Act as the contact and liaison between Health & Safety the ICC and H&S Champions network.
• Report and escalate any apparent deficiencies in management systems of work, work activities or equipment that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
• To monitor and where necessary investigate accidents / dangerous occurrences. Actively seek measures to prevent reoccurrence, so as to produce a reduction in accident numbers.
• Collate and input data on the bi-annual fire risk assessment, evacuation and training programme.
To be considered for this role you must hold or be working toward a NEBOSH Diploma or IOSH level / CIEH.
A minimum of 3 year’s work experience in a similar role is essential. You must have proven skills and experience in advising, coaching and training individuals in this area. Excellent communication skills at all levels both internally and externally are crucial to your success.
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri (37 ½ hours per week)
Salary: up to £33,000 depending on experience +car +benefits
**Please note, due to high levels of response, only successful Candidates shall be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 7 days then unfortunately, your application has not been successful**
- Health Safety