Health & Safety Advisor – Architectural Metalwork (Part-Time)
Location: Great Dunmow
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package commensurate with experience
Job Type: Permanent part-time
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a well-established company based in Essex with many years’ experience in the architectural and secondary steelwork industry, they design, value engineer and manufacture many types of metalwork for almost every type of public or commercial building.
This will be a site based role 2-3 days per week. The Health and Safety Advisor will provide advice, assistance and guidance with regards to the management of health, safety and environmental issues.
Duties of Health & Safety Advisor include:
- Develop Health and Safety policies and improvement action plans
- Helping to ensure the safety of all staff, contractors and visitors by ensuring adherence to the company H&S policies and procedures
- Implement programmes & monitor Health and Safety projects
- Health and Safety audits
- Preparation of legislation updates
- Reviewing and writing risk assessments and method statements
- Carrying out site inspections
- Carrying out health and safety training
- Conducting accident investigations
- Contractor and Internal permit to work system
- Waste management
- Ways of working / safe systems of work
- Health & Safety training matrix (incl. refresher training)
- Investigating / reporting near misses, incidents and accidents
- Carrying out regular Health & Safety inspections of the Production areas
- Assist where necessary during external / accreditation audits
Requirements of the Health & Safety Advisor:
- Relevant H&S qualification/s such as NEBOSH general certificate
- Previous experience working within the industry or similar environment will be essential
- Candidates need a full UK driving license
The successful candidate will ideally have a proven background within a similar role and be organised and efficient. Candidates will need to have excellent communication / IT skills and be comfortable and capable of with working to deadlines.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Health & Safety Advisor – Architectural Metalwork role then please apply now!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. Our client is an equal opportunities employer.