Purpose of the Job
To support the Head of Health Protection and the Health Protection Manager, in the development, maintenance, testing and review of the Council’s major emergency plan and related guidance, ensuring the Council meets its statutory requirements as a category one responder under the Civil Contingencies Act. To work with, and provide support to, senior officers from across the Council to ensure that effective business continuity arrangements are in place
To deputise for the Health Protection Manager (Contingency and Disaster Management) as appropriate.
• To support the Health Protection Manager in maintaining, reviewing, developing and testing emergency plans for the Council in order to ensure that the authority has effective plans in place to respond appropriately to major and minor emergencies while maintaining essential services and protecting the public.
• To support the Head of Health Protection in ensuring that the Council complies with legislation, regulations, and guidance, particularly in relation to emergency planning, resilience, response and recovery from major incidents.
• To support the effective co-ordination of relevant major incident and emergency plans.
• As directed, to lead on elements of the implementation of the Council’s emergency plans and business continuity arrangements.
• To be an active member of the Council’s 24/7 on call Resillience and Emergency Response.
• To collaborate and share resources and expertise with neighbourhing Councils and contribute to the delivery of priorites agreed by the Local Resilience Forum
To be a point of contact via the pager system and support the Council’s response to any major or minor emergency as appropriate.
• To solve emergency planning problems which could have an impact on community wellbeing and the delivery of council services, meet targets in the business plan and effectively manage several projects and tasks paying particular attention to detail to ensure plans, procedures, and reports are coherent, accurate, appropriately formatted, and presented in a professional style.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job