An exciting opportunity has arisen for an NDPP Educator to join our Health Team in Staffordshire & Stoke on Trent on a full time permanent basis.The Educator will form a key part of the Diabetes Prevention Programme Team . Fundamental to this role is experience in coaching and facilitation and an ability to support participants to achieve improved health outcomes.
Duties will include:
- To deliver the NDPP curriculum to participants in an area, ensuring participants achieve the right learning outcomes and have a positive experience.
- Facilitating group sessions effectively and ensuring the required number of sessions are delivered each month.
- To work as part of a team to effectively deliver NDPP sessions according to the curriculum using the appropriate resources.
- To manage group dynamics within each session and support collaborative working of participants.
- Adhere to programme policies, including participant confidentiality, data security and right to privacy, safety and dignity at all times.
- To participate in peer to peer personal development and reflection by giving and receiving feedback on performance as an Educator.
- To be prepared to study using development workbooks, curriculum and training materials and preparing for sessions.
You must have the following skills and experience:
Previous experience of facilitating group training and workshops, ideally in preventative health, public health or health awareness.
Some knowledge and awareness of and an interest in diabetes.
Effective communication skills: written and verbal.
Outstanding training, educational and presentation skills; being able to develop a good rapport with participants.
Ability to act as a team player and to work within a group setting.
Ability to multi-task and deliver against a number of priorities without compromising on the quality of delivery.
Able to work flexibly and under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Capable self-starter, enthusiastic with the ability to innovate when appropriate.
Excellent attention to detail.
Demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal development with the ability to self-evaluate activities and accept, give and build on feedback.
Good IT skills, competent with Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Educators must be able to travel and work across different areas and be flexible in their working patterns to facilitate out of hours delivery, delivering sessions during evenings and weekends as required and are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Diabetes Care
- Group Training