HEALTH CARE SUPERVISOR - CARE HOME - NVQ L3
Our Client, a Private Care Home, currently has an opportunity for a Care Supervisor. The Care Supervisor will manage a small team of Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants within the Care Services Team. As Care Supervisor you will be responsible for promoting and delivering person-centred care within the Care Home's care philosophy, are mindful of each resident’s age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and spiritual needs.
In addition, as Care Supervisor you will manage the team providing support, guidance and ensuring all Care Home processes and procedures are followed to the highest standards ensuring resident’s choices, dignity, independence and personal safety being at the core of all care and support activity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Provide direct care to residents supporting and promoting their independence, choice, dignity and overall wellbeing. Care activities will include but not be restricted to the following:
- Washing, showering, bathing
- Promoting continence and assisting with toileting
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with food and fluid intake
2. Ensure that they are aware of and participate in developing Personal Care Plans with the Named Nurse and the resident. Particular attention must be paid to having full awareness of any specialist support needs, for example:
- Use of manual handling equipment, wheelchairs and so on
- Dietary needs, specialist aids for eating or drinking, choke risks and so on
- Any medical issues, for example, diabetes
- Communication needs or aids used
- Cultural needs
- Chosen daily routine
3. Care will be provided in line with each resident’s Personal Care Plan. Care Supervisors are expected to understand the implications for the Care Plan and take appropriate action in relation to any changes including linking between MCM sections such as Risk Assessments and the Care Plan’s ADL. This needs to be highlighted and communicated to the relevant Care Manager.
4. Provide ongoing support for the residents, their families and the Care Services Team. This includes liaising with the residents and their families to ensure they have supplies of personal clothing and grooming or beauty products that the resident prefers to use. This also includes liaison with the Laundry staff to ensure all clothing is labelled.
5. Ensure all equipment is stored in line with the manufacturer’s instructions, and is cleaned and stored appropriately after use. Faults must be reported, with equipment taken out of action to promote resident safety. Contribute to the monthly auditing reviews of equipment.
6. Participate in resident activities and events held at the Care Home.
7. Following successful completion of competency-based training the Care Supervisor will administer medication in line with Care Home's Medication Policy and professional guidelines. In addition they will be expected to undertake random daily and monthly audits, reconciliations and to manage and co-ordinate the supply of medication ensuring residents are not 'out of stock’. Manage any discrepancies in line with Care Home's Drug Administration Policy
8. Where agreed competency-based training exists, and where an interest is identified, the Care Supervisor will extend clinical competencies and practice to offer comprehensive services for residents, for example, venepuncture, wound care and so on.
9. The Care Supervisor has a duty of care to respond to and provide support for requests for help, including emergency calls, irrespective of the resident’s care package status or location within the home.
10. Closely monitor and report on resident's daily progress, ensuring all observations and interventions are recorded on MCM. Take action where appropriate and verbally escalate to the Care Manager within an appropriate time-scale having gathered the relevant information/evidence. However, where the situation appears urgent it should be escalated to the appropriate Senior Manager immediately.
11. Support residents to create a homely environment in their apartments, assisting with organising their environment to promote wellbeing and independence.
12. Care Supervisors within Dementia should support and participate in the development of meaningful activities and therapies for residents.
13. Attend initial and updated mandatory training and management and supervisory training as required. Actively engage in supervision and one-to-one meetings and yearly reviews, ensuring personal professional knowledge and competency is maintained. Seeking guidance from the Care Managers to ensure competent and confident performance.
(Full Job Description upon application)
- Health Care
- Care Home
- Care Supervisor
- Health Care Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'