As a Care Assistant your main duties and responsibilities are;
- As detailed in the Care Plan, encourage clients to undertake personal care and domestic tasks which they are capable of, recognising that their abilities may change, in some circumstances, on a day to day basis
- Assist clients as appropriate with their person centred needs, such as dressing, washing, supervising bathing, toileting and feeding as detailed in the Care Plan
- Assist clients with, or where, necessary carry out light housework
- Give reassurance and guidance to assist the client to live the life they wish to lead.
- Support and encourage clients to re enable and build on their skill to remain as independent as possible