We are looking for support workers to join a team of dedicated staff at one of our clients learning disability facilities in Potters Bar. This is a transition centre designed to help young people with mental health needs leave children’s supported services and into the world of adult support service and an independent as possible life
This a truly wonderful opportunity to work in a fabulous National Trust building occupied by our client. Who have beautifully converted the building into individual apartments for their residents.
The role of support worker is a varied and valued one.
For many young people with complex needs, the move from school and childhood into the world of adult services can seem sudden and confusing and the work that you will do at our client will support these young people ages 18-25 to manage this experience.
What will you typically do?
•Support in developing the skills to live independently
• Life and social skills education • Support them to access further education through local colleges
• Coordinate therapeutic services available for your client
• Offer encouragement and support to move on to an independent life.
You will work hard to understand the aspirations and dreams of each one of our tenants. You will help create and work towards an individual person-centred development plan, highlighting current strengths, developmental aims and strategies for achievement.7
Are you looking for a job that can work around your lifestyle?
Our client is offering flexible working hours to suit.
They also offer job satisfaction, long term prospects, good pay and conditions, a pension, a range of share schemes, good training opportunities to help you achieve recognised qualifications and a range of specially developed benefits including but not limited to:
- Flexible additional holiday purchase scheme
- Full induction programme and free further study
- Free DBS check prior to you starting
- Childcare Vouchers
- Special Retail Discount Vouchers
- A variety of leisure, holiday and travel discount
- General and Travel insurance deals
- Personal Finance and Mortgage Advice
If you are looking for flexible hours part time or full time and this role sounds like something you would love to be part of then, please apply today and a member of the Blackrock team will be in touch to discuss this amazing opportunity further.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job