Are you passionate about health and safety?
Have you delivered Health and Safety training?
Are you Qualified and used to delivering training courses to groups?
Then we want to hear from you!
My Carmarthen based client is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety trainer to deliver training across the Dyfed Powys Police force area.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
Under the direction of the Health, Safety and Sustainability Senior Manager, to provide competent advice and guidance on all aspects of Health and Safety (H&S). Facilitate the development and implementation of Health and Safety improvements. Deliver H&S training to comply with relevant H&S Legislation for Dyfed-Powys Police.
Job Role will also include the following;
1. To assist the Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager in strategic policy and strategy implementation across
the Force, to help drive improvement in Health Safety & Sustainability matters.
2. To provide competent health and safety advice for the Force.
3. To assist with the development and maintenance of Health and Safety Policies to ensure statutory compliance
with all current regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance.
4. To assist in Health and Safety investigations in connection with any accidents or litigation claims and complete
all necessary reports.
5. To co-operate and communicate professionally with all Staff, Officers and external parties in relation to Health,
Safety and Sustainability matters.
6. To develop and maintain systems for providing statistical information relating to accidents and assaults on
Force personnel, analyse accident trends and provide recommendations to reduce the impact of these
7. To undertake Health and Safety related compliance audits, surveys, inspections, assessments, etc. for the Force
8. Provide H&S action plans to ensure that all identified corrective actions and remedial works have been
implemented. Provide support to ensure these actions are completed to time.
Job Essential Requirements are as follows:
- Must be qualified to NEBOSH Certificate standard or equivalent in an Occupational Health, Safety discipline or have considerable relevant experience.
- Must hold a relevant training qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 QCF or other accredited training certificates in education, e.g. Level 4 certificate/diploma in lifelong learning and development, NVQ 4 in training or PGC, or have considerable work experience in order to be able to demonstrate competence within this area
- Must have detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and Fire Regulations.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be prepared to successfully complete all training and assessment required of the role
- Should be a Technician Member of IOSH or equivalent. (Desired)
This role will require you being able to drive and have your own transport as you will be expected to deliver Health and Safety training across the Dyfed Powys Police force area.
This role will involve a Vetting conducted by the Police Force which can on average take up to 3 weeks so please keep this in mind when applying.
The role is initially 6 months, but could go permanent
Based in Carmarthen Headquarters (rural location)
- Car Parking
- Staff Room
- Notice Board
- Ability to get out and about
- Competitive Salary
- Monday to Friday work
- Full time
If you would like to be considered for this role, or would like some further information then please contact Maryanne Temblett on . Please apply now to avoid disappointment. Client would like to move quickly so please don't delay in applying
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job