Previous experience in a Health and Safety Role
Need to understand that dealing with 3rd party owners.
Health and Safety Qualification
There may be a requirement for them to visit properties, so having a driving licence and a car would be an advantage.
We don’t see this as being the primary part of their role but it may be a part of the role.
Due to our continued success, we are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Owner Health and Safety and compliance. To establish, manage and monitor all new and existing Owner compliance and related processes, communications, training and systems.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety Owner policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments related to Owner properties to support our Owner partners.
- Ensure that any accidents that may occur in owner properties are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented in liaison with the Property Consultants H&S support team.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out in all priority properties (Private water sources, swimming pools, oil heating systems, butane gas heating systems and properties highlighted on the NPS weekly report)
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures as they relate to Owners in conjunction with the HRBP.
- Maintain the Company Owner data base relating to compliance documents and Owner H&S standards and support.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks. To support Owner compliance and customer safety.
- Provide monthly reports, for inclusion in the Board report on Owner compliance for new and existing Owners, highlighting any NPS / incidents and remedial action taken.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants / suppliers in the provision of training and health and safety to support our Property Consultants and Owner proposition.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Qualifications / Experience
At least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
Provision of advice to managers
Handling of H&S investigations
Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
Confidential in all matters
Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
Strong IT skills
Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
Gathering, analyzing and reporting on key H&S data/statistics
Knowledge of Microsoft packages
Although we work hard, we also believe in rewarding that hard work. In addition to salaries, we offer a generous benefits package including:
28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Annual bonus scheme
Death in Service payment
Subsidised park and ride passes
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Long service awards - cash payments and increases in holiday allowances
Staff discount on cottage holidays
Free worldwide travel insurance (including family members)
Wellness extras, including free annual flu jabs, reflexology sessions and free fruit supplied in the office
NEBOSH qualified, COSHH trained, manage and monitor all new and existing owner compliance and related processes communications, training and systems,
- COSHH trained
- manage and monitor all new and existing owner compliance and related processes communications
- training and systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job