As a Health and Safety Officer you will support the Health and Safety Manager in the operational delivery of the health and safety service.
Excellent organisation based in Leeds, they are currently seeking a strong Health and Safety Officer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Leading and guiding staff in the compilation of risk assessments and with health and safety inductions. You will communicate to a wide range of audiences and solve complex issues.
You will deliver training and draft local procedures in line with the Service strategy. You will provide health and safety advice, support and guidance across the organisation.
As the Health and Safety Officer you will work with the Health and Safety Manager to provide support to a range of
committees and working groups. You will be required to collate and analyse a range of management information, identifying trends, present information in the form of reports or presentations for diverse groups.
Working with the Health and Safety Manager you will provide a comprehensive monitoring programme, including inspections and support for internal and external audits.
- A NEBOSH certificate or equivalent Health and Safety qualification.
- A science / engineering degree or equivalent experience in this subject area or discipline
- Strong understanding of health and safety legislation
- Experience of interpreting and applying health and safety legislation.
- Proven competence in risk assessment and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of robust and effective risk management.
Health and Safety Officer