Kingsley Consulting LTD is working on behalf of a Client to assist with recruiting a Health & Safety Officer on a Temporary Contract until the end of April 2018. An Advanced DBS is required for this position (12 months valid)
Rate of Pay: £25 - £30.77ph
Hours: 37 per week Monday to Friday
The role must deliver 'business as usual’ operational safety activities determined by legislation and as commissioned corporately by the HSW Manager and Corporate HSW Group and at a directorate level by Senior HSW advisors.
- Delivery of the day to day work of Safety Team; ensuring that all tasks are carried out promptly and efficiently; and check quality of work produced
- To contribute to the operation of a HSW helpdesk and to operate the role of duty safety officer including dealing with phone enquiries, providing advice and guidance, checking emails and monitoring reported accidents and incidents
- Escalate serious issues and incidents to the relevant Strategic HSW Consultant
- Contribute to the design and delivery of health safety and wellbeing training courses
- To make decisions within own area of work about the order work is carried out and be responsible for prioritising tasks/meeting deadlines; also deciding when to refer matters to a more senior colleague.
- Support the Safety Team Co-ordinator & HSW Operations Manager in monitoring and reviewing processes to continuously improve service standards and levels of customer satisfaction, and to ensure that all work within the team is carried out in a consistent manner.
- To assist with the development of the business policies and procedures relating to health, safety and wellbeing and ensure they meet corporate and legislative requirements.
- Assist the Health Safety and Wellbeing Operations Manager in the development of an effective and efficient service for health, safety and wellbeing across the business.
- Assist and advise on the development of effective processes, systems and practices to improve risk management across the Business.
- Work with colleagues across the Business to effectively and efficiently deliver corporate programmes, projects, policies and initiatives, optimising the effective and efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Monitor the performance of the Business to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, Business policies, procedures and recognised industry best practice. This may be through inspections, audits, environmental monitoring or incident investigations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health, Safety and wellbeing procedures with experience in Health, Safety and Wellbeing Management within the public sector.
- Ability to design and delivery training courses
- NVQ 5 Occupational Safety and Health(formally 4 prior to 2013)/ NEBOSH Diploma/Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or Environmental Health
Kingsley Consulting Ltd try to ensure we are as inclusive and diverse as possible. Should you require any adjustments or assistance at any point throughout the application or recruitment process then please do not hesitate to ask.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job