The role as Single Site - Health and Safety Manager is to provide guidance and support for the delivery teams to ensure compliance and health and safety with adopted technical standards.The role will require you to provide competent first line advice and support on health, safety and environmental protection along with requiring you to set technical standards for the business in line with statutory and/or good practice guidelines for the HQ based in London.
The Client is a Leading service provider within delivering higher education, they are looking for a experienced Single Site - Health and Safety Managerto join their the team based in London. With the purpose of delivering excellent service and expert advice to managers and staff in creating and maintaining a safe working environment at all times for all visitors and staff and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
Through the role, the Single Site - Health and Safety Manager ensures the effective management of Health, Safety and compliance in respect of the Services these include, but are not be limited to:
- Compliance with HS&E legislation and the clients health, safety and environmental requirements
- Interface, communicate, liaise and maintain effective relationships with HSE Management Team
- Produce reports and identify remedial action, ensuring effective implementation
- Review and where necessary complete risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work
- Providing advice, guidance and recommendations to the business to ensure a COVID-19 secure environment and keeping abreadst of and ensuring appropriate changes to government COVID-19 related restrictions and safety related requirements are implemented.
- Ongoing development of and delivery of return to work Inductions for post COVID-19 returns to on site working and new starter safety related inductions.
- Providing advice and guidance to ensure the safety of home workers, including undertaking home visits to staff working at home to audit workstation set up/facilities
- Where necessary, facilitating (via managers and heads of departments) the creation and development of risk assessments and SSOW (System of Work) procedures across the organisation
- Reviewing RA's and SSOW in line with departmental activities and employee training record cards and advising departmental directors of any necessary corrective actions required
- Constantly reviewing the Health & Safety committee purpose and representatives to ensure it remains relevant in managing the safety of staff and visitors
- Scheduling and overseeing practice fire evacuation drills at least twice per annum and taking steps to implement any corrective actions if required. Auditing and restocking emergency evacuation items
- In conjunction with departmental Directors arranging suitable and sufficient Fire wardens for the business, and their subsequent training.
- Reviewing fire warden and first aider duty documents and amending where necessary. Organising, purchasing and accounting for First Aid Supplies, or PPE if required to do so
- Advising Society employees on Health &Safety matters and best practice when required to do so.
- Controlling and organising First Aid Training, Fire warden training, manual handling training and refreshers when required maintaining a register of trained staff.
- Managing insurance inspections for any items as requested by the insurance company
The following attributes will be necessary in the role as Single Site - Health and Safety Manager:
- Be able to demonstrate proven significant experience of reviewing, implementing and auditing company wide health and safety policies and practices.
- Have significant experience of complying with Health and Safety responsibilities within a commercial environment including COVID-19 related restrictions/requirements.
- Have experience of undertaking and advising others on how to undertake risk assessments
- Be able to demonstrate the following competencies : Flexibility/Adaptability, Teamworking, Commercial Focus, Proactivity, Influencing, Attention To Detail.
- Organised and able to plan effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to influence others
- Level 3 H&S Qualification (such as NEBOSH General Certificate)
- IOSH Managing Safely as a minimum requirement
The candidate can expect a great working environment along with great benefits and a very competitive salary of up to £35,000 as this is a part time role of 32 Hours a week.
- Health and Safety
- Health Safety and Compliance Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'