A Health and Safety Manager is required at a heavy engineering manufacturer, servicing a diverse range of industries. Based in Sheffield, the business generates a turnover of over £15 million and with over 70 employees, this is a superb opportunity for a Health and Safety professional.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for promoting a positive health and safety culture, including the rewrite of risk assessments, ensuring that all safety and environment legislation are adhered to and all policies and practices are adopted through the organisation.
The Health and Safety Manager must work closely with employees at all levels of the organisation to develop, implement and monitor strategies, policies and procedures to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems and maximise the company's health, safety performance.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Make changes and develop working practices that are safe and comply with HSE legislation
- Implement a positive culture change
- Rewrite and carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Write health, safety and environmental reports
- Highlight all Health and Safety issues
- Outline safe operation procedures which identify and take account of all relevant health, safety and environmental hazards or impacts
- Keep records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvement
- Provide advice, training and support in all areas of Health and Safety
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- An industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Heath and Safety experience working within a heavy engineering manufacturing environment
- Great communication skills
- The ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with, provide advice to, train and promote excellence in Health and Safety to all staff
- Computer literate
This is an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established, innovative business. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing this position in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact us today on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'