The City & County Healthcare Group are the UK's largest provider of Homecare Services.
Owing to the rapid increase of our business we need to appoint a Health and Safety Manager to our management team. This newly created post will report into the Director of Policy and Communications and will be expected to lead and oversee the implementation of the group’s health and safety policy and management system. As a secondary function, the Safety and Security Manager will also support the implementation of the group’s systems for information security.
This role will require UK wide travel across our extensive branch network alongside a regular presence in our Head Office at Baker Street, London.
The duties of the Safety and Security Manager are various, driven by the health and safety needs of the business, but will typically be of the kinds described below:
- Chairing the health and safety committee and producing minutes and action plans
- Drafting, reviewing and revising policy and guidance in line with current law and best practice
- Ensuring appropriate arrangements are in place for the routine and reactive maintenance of premises and equipment, including appropriate fire safety arrangements
- Producing an annual strategic health and safety plan and such other documents, reports etc. as are required from time to time
- Acting as group lead for accidents and incidents, coordinating accident investigations
- Managing health and safety related insurance claims
- Supporting the data protection lead in producing an annual strategic information governance plan and such other documents, reports etc. as are required from time to time
- Supporting management and staff to comply with data protection legislation, promote a culture of information security and improve information governance outcomes
- Work with colleagues across the group to explore and develop new ways of working more effectively and efficiently
The person we need for the role will have:
- Understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework relating to the group’s range of services, and how these interact with health and safety considerations
- Management experience of health and safety in a medium or large organisation
- Understanding of health and safety management, including relevant law and best practice
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
This is an exciting time to join and have an influence on our rapidly expanding business. Please send your CV through in the first instance and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job