Our client has a vacancy for an experienced and qualified H&S Manager. This role will report directly to the Finance Director and will be based in Magna Park, Lutterworth with responsibilities spanning across all their three sites.
Key responsibilities include (not exhaustive):
- Advising directors and managers on all aspects of Health & Safety;
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company's Health & Safety, making sure staff are aware of its importance and following safety protocols;
- Reviewing current H&S policies and updating as appropriate and implementing practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial to promote Health and Safety and safe working practices in the workplace;
- In conjunction with the HR department, conduct/organise Health and Safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety;
- Coordinating and Chairing H&S representative meetings;
- Maintaining awareness of legislation and bringing any new/revised legislation to the attention of the board;
- Conducting risk assessments as required by legislation and reviewing these assessments at relevant intervals and maintaining accurate records;
- Identifying areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation;
- Creating and coordinating schedule of audit/inspection of all sites; reporting on findings and managing issues through to completion;
- Recommending & implementing control measures and advising on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees;
- Carrying out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and recording the findings on the relevant forms;
- Advising the Finance Director of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R;
- Liaising with third parties such as insurers, auditors, solicitors and other relevant bodies as required;
- Attending courses/seminars where appropriate to ensure best practise is maintained by the company;
- Liaising closely with the Site Service Manager to ensure all corrective work is undertaken in a timely manner;
- Assisting the Site Services Manager with environmental initiatives;
- Any other ad hoc health and safety duties as required.
- Previous experience in a logistics/manufacturing environment or similar role/environment is essential;
- Previous multi-site experience is ideal;
- Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety, such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH National diploma is essential;
- Clear understanding of the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation;
- Experience of Health & Safety in respect of MHE is essential;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Firm but professional manner;
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion;
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programs to include Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong teamwork skills.
Our client specialises in international freight and warehouse and distribution services. Over the last two decades our client has grown its reputation in the retail warehousing and distribution sector providing bespoke solutions for many distinguished brands and retailers.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job