Abatec have a rare opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our client, an award-winning construction company to work within their maintenance division based in Kent. My client specialise in construction works for public authorities including county and district councils, government departments and statutory authorities.
The Health & Safety Manager’s role will include:
- Advising the Company on health and safety and environmental legislation issues, to review amendments to legislation and client standards to assess the relevance to the company, making appropriate recommendations.
- Ensuring all company employees are aware of their responsibilities under health and safety and environmental legislation and comply with the processes defined in the Company Procedures Manual.
- Providing advice to company employees, senior managers, managers and staff, on all aspects appertaining to health, safety and environmental matters and advice and guidance on the preparation of Health & Safety Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other health, safety environmental documentation.
- Arranging and carrying out with the H&S Officer, a programme of site safety and environmental audits and safety inspections, maintain records of audits and inspections and ensure necessary corrective measures are agreed and implemented.
- Arranging and carrying out incident/accident investigations, liaising with the client or enforcement authorities as relevant, report the findings to the Managing Director.
- Investigating the environmental implications of the company’s activities and suggesting actions which may prove beneficial to the environment, the company or others.
- Continuously seeking, proposing and implementing agreed H&S and environmental performance improvements.
- Preparing and producing regular metrics and reports on the performance of the H&S and environmental management systems.
The successful Health & Safety Manager should possess:
- A sound working knowledge of reactive and planned maintenance contracts.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of Tech IOSH or similar and equivalent membership, minimum of AIEMA or similar equivalent institute.
- Experience in the implementing and monitoring of a Behavioural Based Safety Programme.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work clearly and accurately under pressure and tight timescales.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation and team working skills.
£5K Car or car allowance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young. The reference for this vacancy is 127951.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job