Nigel Wright's Engineering and Manufacturing Division is working with a global high volume manufacturer, to recruit a Group Health and Safety Manager.
They are market leaders, having experienced rapid growth, and are forecasting significant further growth over the next few years.
You will champion Health and Safety across their multiple sites in the North East, which are diverse in culture and manufacturing processes.
Reporting into the Plant Director, responsibilities include:
- Improve site health and safety levels though focused H&S teams
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Outline safe operating procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Make changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and any developments that affect our industry
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances e.g. asbestos
- Advise on a range of specialist areas e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
The successful candidate will have:
- Achieved a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role, within an engineering or production environment
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, MRP systems and, ideally, SAP
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be comfortable presenting to a group of staff
- You must have knowledge of health & safety tools and techniques including risk assessments
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic individual, who is keen to join a rapidly expanding and ambitious business.