Ardmore is seeking talented construction professionals for the Health and Safety Manager.
As a main contractor we are looking for an experienced Health and Safety manager who want to progress and achieve excellence in their role.
Health and Safety with some quality and environmental responsibilitys.based at the factory at 116 millmarsh lane,endfield, may visit one or two projects from their base where we have site fitting activitys. The key function of the Health and Safety Manager is to provide help, advice, monitoring, discipline, training and accident and incident investigation and prevention.
What you’ll do.
• Police the compliance of the various plant weekly check sheets.
• Walk the whole site at least twice each day and bring any unsafe condition to the attention of the relevant supervisor by radio or mobile phone for immediate attention.
• The H&S Manager is authorised and expected to immediately suspend any unsafe work practices. If this is done the relevant Manager must be notified by radio or phone.
• During the site tours correct any unsafe acts seen
• Operate the disciplinary yellow card / red card procedure as appropriate.
• Produce one written inspection report each week listing all unsafe conditions identified during the preceding 5 days and ensure that action items are closed out within the prescribed timeframe.
• Update the Construction Phase Plan and Fire and Emergency Plan on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all roles identified in the plans are filled by appropriately trained and competent people, and bring to the attention of the Project Manager any deficiencies identified.
• Meet with the General Manager formally on a weekly basis to discuss issues and receive briefing on the work ahead. The quality and environmental tasks will be done in conjunction of other senior managers however it is likely to cover tasks as below
• To ensure compliance for the yearly audits for CE(steel)FSC(joinery)
• To review and amend ACL QA manuals and sheets. supervision of all amendments and revisions
• Develop better QA systems
• Control and the distribution of all ACL quality documentation
• Monitor all quality related activities on the project
• Perform internal audits of QA QC
• Verify subcontractor QA documentation submittals are in place prior to order
• Attend client quality management meetings/factory visits
• The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation
• Monitor the disposition of all issued non-conformance reports
• Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the senior management
• To monitor and make recommendations on waste management and control
• To ensure compliance on environmental yearly audits and kpis compliance
What you’ll need
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent team work skills
• Good judgement on key issues
• Dedication to achieve results from day one
• Organizational skills to keep staff accountable
• Adaptability one day is never same
• Level-headed attitude in all scenarios
• Passion in your work and end product
• Hard working and robust
What we offer our employees
• Prestigious Projects mainly based in Central London
• Excellent Working Conditions
• New Head Office
• 25 days annual leave and rising with service to 29 days
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Ardmore Training Academy
• Family Owned and Run
• Ardmore Benefits Platform
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loans
• Achieving Excellence Awards
• Staff Social Events
About Ardmore: In just 40 years Ardmore has become one of the largest family owned construction groups in the UK. Although we work across the UK we’re best known as London’s builder. Multi-phase regeneration schemes with dense urban housing to high-rise developments, luxury residential projects and bespoke high end hotels are a few examples of our work.
Unsolicited CVs: in relation to speculative CVs received from providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply.
Ardmore are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership , or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job