Our client, are a successful food manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers. This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join their Management team
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the post would suit a person with experience in a similar role within a busy manufacturing environment.
• Review and develop all aspects of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented across the business
• Development of Health and Safety Management systems to ensure that all operations are documented and controlled in a manner consistent with current legislation & regulations
• Conducting of regular site audits and leading Health and Safety related meetings
• Undertaking risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
• Investigation and follow up of accident and near miss and ensuring notification requirements are met Working with Departmental Managers and supervisors to ensure staff are fully trained & instructed in all job requirements consistent with Health and Safety Policies
• Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and that necessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
• Recognised Health and Safety qualifications e.g. (NEBOSH)
• Previous experience of managing Health & Safety ideally within FMCG
• Strong influencer with the ability to drive change and challenge management and staff behaviours where appropriate
• Be able to demonstrate flexibility and work on own initiative
What’s on offer?
• Circa £35,000 - £40,000 + benefits
• Monday - Friday - days based.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Richard Steele at D R Newitt Recruitment.
- Risk Assessment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job